Having departed back to Konoha, Sarada helped Boruto walk, during which the group discovered destroyed puppets in the vicinity of an unconscious boy. As they began to examine the boy, Kawaki, for injuries, they discovered that he had a matching seal to Boruto's on his left palm. As Boruto's seal began to hurt Kawaki also felt the pain, making him abruptly wake up and destroy the area within his vicinity. Questioning who the team was, Konohamaru identified himself and asked for information regarding the crash. Refusing to provide information and wanting to be left alone, Boruto revealed his mark to the boy, resulting in Kawaki believing they were pursuers from Kara. As they tried to correct him, Garō made his presence known, announcing his intentions of recovering Kawaki. Kawaki resisted, showing the ability to manipulate his body structure into weapons.
When Kawaki killed Garō with a blast, Sarada and the others survived it because Boruto absorbed part of the explosion with his Kāma. This made Kawaki even more certain that the group had been sent by Kara. After Kawaki passed out and Katasuke determined his body to have been modified into a scientific ninja tool, Sarada was startled by Mitsuki's revelation he was developed through cloning technology by Orochimaru. Ultimately, it was decided to bring Kawaki back to the village to see the Seventh Hokage.
In the anime, Kawaki is instead taken to the Advanced Technology Lab first to be confined and examined until Naruto comes there to meet him. When Kawaki wakes up handcuffed in an unfamiliar room, he begins banging on the door trying to break out, still firmly believing them to be a part of Kara and working for Jigen. Sarada along with the rest of Team 7, Katasuke, Akita, and Sumire, are all observing him on a monitor trying to break down the door. When Sarada is concerned if Kawaki will be able to break down the door, Katasuke says that Kawaki won't be able to break out, but his body won't be able to withstand such reckless actions since he is still recovering from his fight with Garou. To prevent him from inflicting more harm on himself and calm him down, Katasuke releases a gas into the room to knock Kawaki unconscious. Sarada is visibly concerned about what the gas was but Katasuke reassures her that it was simply something to make Kawaki sleep for a while.
When Kawaki awakens from a nightmare, he is approached by Boruto, Sumire, and Mitsuki, who have come to bring him food and attempt to ease his suspicions but to no avail. Kawaki kicks the plate of food and Sumire away from him, thinking it was poisoned which angered Boruto. Boruto grabs his shoulder in a rage and squeezes it tightly causing Kawaki to wince in pain from his grip, Mitsuki tells Boruto to stop which snaps him out of it and he apologizes for hurting him. When they all return back to where Sarada is, who saw everything on the monitor, she scolds Boruto, telling him that he went too far and that Kawaki is still injured.
After Kawaki escapes the facility, Team 7 eventually figures out that he must have made it outside and goes after him. They eventually catch up with him only to find him strangling Sumire and surrounded by Konoha police, who are demanding him to stand down, threatening to fire at him if he doesn't. Sarada yells at them for this because Sumire is right there as well, but they ignore her and fire at Kawaki anyway, who survives the attack and flees from the area. Boruto tells Sarada and Mitsuki to go after him while he tends to Sumire, and the two of them pursue Kawaki into town. When they catch up to him he is once again surrounded by police who are all threatening to fire at him again if he resists. Sarada is shocked and implored them to stop but they ignore her and set Kawaki ablaze anyway.
Kawaki finds it strange that Naruto can be leisurely walking around. They run into Sarada in a taiyaki shop, and Sarada recognizes Kawaki. Naruto orders a taiyaki for himself and confuses Kawaki when telling him to pick a flavor for him, because he has no concept of snacks. Sarada recommends a safer option, but Kawaki picks another, annoying her. Kawaki is impressed with snack food. Sarada asks for a bite of his chocolate taiyaki, having never tried that flavor, and Kawaki curses at her. A running child bumps into Kawaki, who transforms his arm to attack the child, but is stopped by Naruto, who censors him. Kawaki tells the child he has to be on guard because there are dangerous things in the world. Sarada makes sure the child is fine and apologizes. Sarada and Kawaki argue over his outburst. Naruto criticizes Kawaki's lack of sociability. Naruto points out that he'll have trouble getting Boruto to cooperate with him if he keeps that attitude.
The three arrive at Yamanaka Flowers. Ino greets Naruto and Sarada and recognizes Kawaki from earlier talks with Naruto. Naruto discreetly informs her the enemy will come for him and asks for the continued support from the Sensing Division opens a pack of Gemaki cards and to everyone's surprise, gets an ultra-rare Yodaime card
because he broke the flower vase. He picks one randomly and is criticized by Sarada, and Naruto defuses the argument before it can escalate. Naruto tells him to be sincere in his picking. Kawaki picks the same vase, pointing out the design and that it'll fit Naruto's house. Ino offers to add some flowers, but the sight of the stems triggers Kawaki, reminding him of the lab tubes and Jigen, causing him to drop the vase. Kawaki's Kāma begins to activate, but Naruto hugs him, telling him he's safe. Kawaki calms down, and they leave the shop. Sarada splits from them, telling Kawaki that since her goal is to become Hokage like Naruto, he can also count on her.
In the anime after Sarada tells Kawaki he can rely on her and leaves, Kawaki rejects Naruto's claim that the two of them are friends now by saying she should mind her business and that he doesn't need friends. Naruto takes Kawaki out to lunch at Ichiraku for a bowl of ramen, seeing Kawaki enjoying it, he tells him that there is a trick to making it even better. Naruto tells him that if Kawaki had shared his Taiyaki with Sarada earlier that she would in turn have shared her Taiyaki with him and then he would have gotten to try two flavors, and that friends share good things with each other. Kawaki turns down the notion of sharing and once again rejects the claim that the two are friends albeit not as harshly as before, saying he doesn't need them, to which Naruto responds that he'll understand someday.
The next day Sarada and Mitsuki come over to Boruto's house to visit him, but when Boruto asks why they came, Mitsuki reveals that Sarada had suggested they go there to spy on Kawaki, which results in a flustered Sarada. Mitsuki introduces himself to Kawaki while Sarada goes over to Boruto who is immersed in his video game to ask how Kawaki is doing, Boruto responds that he still has an attitude and asks if she's worried. Sarada says it isn't like that but then recalls Kawaki attacking a kid who bumped into him and then his freak out at the flower shop and Naruto consoling him. Sarada looks stern at first but then looks conflicted over in Kawaki's direction, shifting between concern and skepticism in her expression. Kawaki feels Sarada looking at him and looks back at her and asks why she's staring at him, calling her nosy in the process which offends her. Kawaki continues by saying that he has no interest in becoming friends with any of them, Sarada storms over to him and calls him rude for this and tries to explain herself but is cut off by Naruto.
After saving Himawari and Naruto from Delta, Kawaki decides to learn ninjutsu from Naruto. Having gotten on Boruto's good side now, Kawaki, Boruto, Shikadai, and Inojin are all sitting opening cards together as Sarada, Mitsuki, and Chocho watch them from a distance. Sarada wonders when did Kawaki and Boruto get so friendly and Mitsuki explains that after saving Himawari, Boruto has opened up to him a bit more.
Kawaki opens a pack of Gemaki cards and to everyone's surprise, gets an ultra-rare Yodaime card on his first try. Kawaki is unfazed by this and instead is more interested in Naruto's card that Boruto has and asks him if he'd like to trade. Boruto is surprised but Kawaki explains since he is unfamiliar with the Yodaime he has no interest in it, so he is willing to take Naruto's card instead since Boruto doesn't want it and he gladly takes Kawaki up on his offer. While Boruto is overjoyed at finally having a Hokage card that isn't his fathers, Kawaki stares intently at Naruto's card thinking about the Nanadaime Hokage as Sarada observes him.
In the anime Shikadai and Inojin are replaced with Mitsuki and Sarada, who comment on Kawaki's luck, Kawaki however is unfazed by drawing the Minato card and asks who he is, to which Sarada scolds him for referring to Minato as 'This guy' and explains to him who Minato is and his relationship to Boruto and Naruto. Before Sarada can finish explaining, Boruto cuts her off by shouting in despair for pulling yet another Naruto card. Kawaki, having no interest in the Minato card, offers to trade with Boruto which he happily accepts. Sarada smiles looking at Kawaki and comments that an object's worth is in the eye of the beholder as Kawaki stares intently at Naruto's card.
When Kawaki begins his training with Naruto, you can briefly see Sarada teaching Kawaki Shurikenjutsu.
Naruto teaches Kawaki chakra control which Kawaki is able to do without much effort, he tells Naruto that he's had enough of the basics and wants him to hurry up and teach him Kage Bushin. Sarada, watching him from afar with ChoCho, feels envious of all the special treatment Kawaki is getting from Naruto, although she is sympathetic to the circumstances. ChoCho tells her that's normal for him since Naruto thinks of everyone in the village as his family including her and Sarada, so that makes them special to Naruto too. Sarada agrees while still staring down at Kawaki and Naruto.
In the anime ChoCho is replaced by Mitsuki who says the same thing, but this time Sarada is smiling while looking down at Kawaki.
Later while discussing Kāma Sarada remembers the mark on Sakura's forehead that has the same shape as Boruto's and Kawaki's Kāma marks and wonders if they are connected. Kawaki doesn't think it is but Mitsuki says that his parents told him there's a lengthy history surrounding the Byakugou no Jutsu and there's a lot about it that is still not yet understood. This prompts Boruto and Sarada to decide to go ask Sakura and Tsunade about the Byakugou in hopes of finding answers about Kāma, Kawaki however doesn't join them noting that there is still some unfinished business he has to do back home.
Kawaki warns Boruto that they'll eventually have to face Jigen and that he's an inevitable wall they'll have to overcome if they want to unravel the mystery behind Kāma and how to get rid of it since Jigen knows everything. Boruto agrees saying that they have to train even harder in order to do that and get stronger. He continues saying that this isn't just about Kāma, and that after everything that's happened he can't just leave Kawaki and his issues alone either. He calls Kawaki "brother" showing Boruto acknowledges him as family now and the two have mutual respect for one another as Sarada, Mitsuki, and Naruto all watch their interaction smiling.
While Kawaki is back home looking for the final missing piece of Himawari's vase his hand suddenly becomes heavy and his Kāma mark begins to spread. Boruto, away with Mitsuki, crashes into a tree as his Kāma also begins to act up, alerting him that something bad is going on with Kawaki and the two of them hurry back to find out what's going on. Kawaki, still struggling, a mysterious black aura pierces through his hand and begins to form a portal that Jigen comes out of.
Sakura, who was buying flowers at this time in excitement for Sasuke returning home soon, is visited by Sarada who asks her about her forehead mark. Sakura explains that it's a Jutsu wherein in an emergency, you can pull out incredible power by releasing all of the chakra you've been storing in the mark bit by bit every day. Sarada tells her that Naruto already told her that and explained to her how Kāma looks similar to the mark on her forehead and wondered if the two might be connected. Sakura further explains that according to Tsunade, it's a jutsu that's existed for a really long time from the age of the sage of six paths.
Sarada is confused at this and about to ask more but is cut off by Sakura who says she has to also go do some grocery shopping and asks Sarada if she can take the flowers home for her. Sarada immediately realizes from the flowers that her father would be returning and the two of them smile in excitement. Ino, sensing Jigen's presence, contacts Naruto who tells her he wants to deal with Jigen himself and she complies, telling the police force to be on standby as Sarada and Sakura overhears.
Sarada begins to leave telling Sakura that she's going home and Sakura tells her to be careful. However, once out of view, Sarada rushes to Naruto and Kawaki's aid, thinking that even though she's unsure if she'll be of much help, she can't just sit back and do nothing.
In the anime Sarada goes by herself to Ino's flower shop to pick up the flowers Sakura had ordered for Sasuke. While talking with Ino she asks for a separate bouquet of flowers, Ino asks if she's buying them for a friend and Sarada nervously states yes. After Sarada leaves with the two bouquets of flowers she comments to herself that he may just think she's being nosy, referring to Kawaki. As Ino watches Sarada leave she wonders to herself if she was buying those flowers for Kawaki and comments that they seem to be getting along well.
After a brief scuffle between Naruto and Jigen, Kawaki realizes that Jigen is much stronger than he originally thought and knows if this continues, Naruto won't escape with minor injuries and be seriously hurt. He tells Jigen that he'll return with him on the condition that he doesn't hurt Naruto. Naruto is surprised and objects to this to which Kawaki tells him that he'd rather be Jigens prisoner than to let Naruto get hurt. Naruto objects to this again and Kawaki tells him to stay out of it and that it was never any of his business from the start, Naruto tells him that it's the Hokage's job to protect everyone in the village and that includes him. Jigen, growing impatient, realizes compromise wouldn't work with Naruto and decides to throw him into another dimension. Kawaki, distraught at the thought of Jigen potentially harming Naruto, rushes to try and stop him but the two of them had already vanished. Kawaki falls to his knees in shock as Jigen is about to leave Naruto trapped there and go back to retrieve Kawaki but is stopped by Sasuke. Sarada arrives at the Uzumaki household not too long after Naruto is taken
to another dimension by Jigen, where he and Sasuke are now fighting together against. Sarada arrives seeing the black rods that had been previously used to impale Naruto had blood on them and wondered whose it was, she then looks inside the house and sees Kawaki sitting on the ground still in shock after what happened.
Sarada goes inside to check on Kawaki who is holding a picture of Naruto and asks him where Naruto is. Kawaki doesn't respond and looks back at Naruto's picture when his prosthetic hand suddenly falls off, dropping the picture with it. Sarada is surprised and confused at this but Kawaki, on the other hand, is devastated since he knows what this indicates. Because Kawaki's arm was infused with Naruto's chakra the fact that his arm has fallen off means Naruto's chakra is no longer active, implying he is either sealed away or dead.
Sarada rushes in and asks Kawaki again what the situation with Naruto is but he remains silent. Boruto and Mitsuki arrive and Sarada tells them that Naruto is missing, much to Boruto and Mitsuki's surprise, the situation grows worse when Shikamaru and other Jonin show up and binds Kawaki in his shadow paralysis jutsu as the other Jonin erect a barrier around the entire home, trapping himself, Boruto, Sarada, Mitsuki and Kawaki all inside as he interrogates them on Naruto's whereabouts.
Kawaki continues to remain silent at first but finally tells them the whole ordeal, Sarada is surprised and confused since she thought that the enemy was only after Kawaki, but Kawaki explains to her that it was because of Naruto's interference that he wasn't taken and ended up fighting Jigen on his behalf which resulted in his sudden disappearance. Shikamaru admits to being skeptical of Kawaki all along and suspects him of being a spy, angering Boruto who believes Kawaki's innocence and surprising Sarada who was taken aback by the accusation. She looks at Kawaki with concern as he is being so understanding and cooperative of Shikamaru's treatment of him.
As Shikamaru and Boruto continue arguing back and forth over Kawaki's innocence, Sarada watches Kawaki as he solemnly stares down at Naruto's arm, remembering all the time he's spent with him and then Jigens words to him of him being empty. Getting more and more agitated at Jigen's words and his conflicted feelings on Naruto's unusual kindness towards him, Kawaki begins to hyperventilate, startling and concerning Sarada as he starts asking why Naruto has been so kind to him, why has he gone so far for him?. Sarada gives him a sympathetic smile and opens up to him about her own personal feelings about Naruto, Boruto, and her father, something she's never told anyone else. Empathizing with him she tells him that there was a time that she wished Naruto was her father and that she was jealous and angry at Boruto for always complaining when he was so blessed compared to her, Kawaki glances at her quietly listening as she continues by explaining that Naruto thinks of everyone in the village as family and that's just how he is.
After listening to Sarada, his prosthetic arm starts to glow and Kawaki senses Naruto's chakra start to flow back into it, making Kawaki able to reattach it and confirming for him that Naruto is still alive. Kawaki senses Naruto and asks Boruto to work with him as he uses his and Boruto's Kāma to use space-time ninjutsu opening the way to the dimension where Naruto is just as Jigen once did when he came through Kawakis Kāma to come to retrieve him. Kawaki, Boruto, Sarada, and Mitsuki all go through the portal to rescue Naruto. Before leaving, Kawaki tells Shikamaru that he will go get proof of his innocence.
After they all arrive they are greeted by another Kara member named Boro, whom Kawaki identifies as another inner member of Kara who in some ways is even worse than Jigen.
As Kawaki and the rest of Team 7 face Boru, Sarada observes the fight from a distance as Boruto and Kawaki attack Boro. Boruto attacks Boro with his Rasengan but it is ineffective and Boro quickly heals from it. Kawaki then also charges in at Boro and tells Boruto not to let up, but as Kawaki attempts to use his Kāma to counter Boro's jutsu, his and Boruto's hands begin to feel heavy and his Kāma recedes. As this happens, Kawaki and Boruto are both attacked and nearly killed but Mitsuki intervenes and protects Boruto from Boro, but is also overpowered and weakened by the strange jutsu Boro is using. Sarada then throws a giant boulder at Boro as a distraction and then jumps down telling Mitsuki to grab Boruto while she grabs Kawaki and the two of them retreat to somewhere safe.
Kawaki is frustrated with Sarada for running away but she tells him had they not then all of them would have died. Sarada reassures him that she too wants to save Naruto and has no intention of leaving without him, but they can't win by attacking Boro separately as they have been. Mitsuki has Sarada analyze the strange mist Boro was using that he collected while fighting him and she confirms his suspicion that it was in fact a virus he was using against them. Mitsuki suggests that before they make their next move that they should nominate a captain to guide them and he suggests Sarada for her swift thinking with their retreat. Boruto argues against it asking why Sarada gets to be captain but Kawaki chastises him saying he definitely isn't suited for it and that he's also in favor of Sarada, believing she will up their chances of winning. Sarada puts on her headband and declares them the new Team 7, now including Kawaki.
In the anime Kawaki passes out from the virus while discussing their next course of action and Sarada yells out his name looking down at him concerned as Boruto also slowly passes out shortly afterwards. After Mitsuki explains to Sarada what Boro is using is a virus, he gives Kawaki and Boruto the antibodies he created and the two awaken shortly after that to continue discussing what to do next.
Sarada faces off against Boro alone for a short while and seemingly loses as he starts to choke her, however this was all according to plan as she purposefully allowed herself to be grabbed so she could hit him at point blank range. She uses the fireball jutsu and sets his entire head on fire. After this, Boruto and Kawaki leap out and Boruto prepares to strike Boro with the Rasengan as Kawaki places his hand on Borutos back, transferring some of his Kama power to him to create an even stronger blast from the Rasengan, causing Boros left side to be completely blown off.
However, to their surprise, Boro is not dead and regenerates very quickly. Sarada reminds them to
stick to the plan and the four of them get into position, Sarada and Mitsuki on one side and Boruto and Kawaki on the other. Boro sees through their plan and decides to break up their teamwork by attacking Naruto, which works as Kawaki breaks formation and sprints after him. This being an obvious trap, Sarada calls out to him.
After Boro tricks Kawaki into coming after him by threatening Naruto, he unleashes his real attack intended for Kawaki using gunpowder and throwing Shuriken at him for Kawaki to deflect causing a spark and igniting the gunpowder which badly wounds him. Shielding Naruto in the process, Boro calls Kawaki weak and that he's gone soft since being in Konoha and that Kara will have to retrain him when they bring him back. Boruto rejects this saying that Kawaki is a resident of Konoha now and refuses to let them take him, to which Boro replies that he intends to take Boruto as well but Boruto is fed up with him and charges at him along with Mitsuki.
While Mitsuki and Boruto are fighting Boro and getting beaten, Sarada tries throwing Shuriken to avoid igniting the gunpowder but they are easily melted by Boro's lava style. Mitsuki binds Boro long enough for Kawaki to get in close and blow him away, leaving only his upper half of his body. But unfortunately, Boro once again regenerates instantly. Kawaki asks for Boruto and Mitsuki to buy some time for him, Boruto does as requested and proceeds to stall for time, believing Kawaki had a plan and tells him he's counting on him, meanwhile, Kawaki and Sarada hang back and discuss the situation.
Kawaki explains that there is a way to neutralize Boro's regenerative ability and how all members of Kara had their bodies modified by a guy named Amado, including himself, and that Amado is a genius but his technical skills have a weakness. The downside to scientific ninja tools is that the more powerful they are the bigger they've got to be, meaning there has to be a core about the size of a heart somewhere inside him. Sarada doubts it at first, but Kawaki knows for a fact that is the case because that kind of regenerative power is impossible without a giant core which is Amado's shortcoming. But the issue is where the core is inside Boro's body.
To find out, Kawaki relies on Sarada to watch closely using her Sharingan to spot where it is as he runs off to back Boruto and Mitsuki up while she analyzes the situation.
After watching closely, Sarada figures out how Boro's core works and where he's moved it thanks to Kawaki, Boruto, and Mitsuki's repeated attacks on him. Now knowing where his core is, to avoid Boro from realizing what their plan is and move his core again, Sarada acts on her own as to not risk alerting him of her knowledge of where his core is. Although she hasn't mastered it or used it in battle before, Sarada asks for her dad to give her strength as she uses Chidori to strike Boro's core before he has the chance to weave hand signs.
In the anime Boruto and Mitsuki charge ahead without Kawaki asking them to and Sarada attempts to follow suit but is stopped by Kawaki who grabs her arm and asks her to do him a favor. Like in the manga Kawaki explains to Sarada about Boros core, holding Sarada;s hand the entire time he's explaining. Sarada is distracted when she sees Mitsuki being hurt and pulls away from Kawaki abruptly to go chasing after Mitsuki, Kawaki calls out for her to wait but to no avail. Kawaki jumps over Sarada and blows Boro's entire upper half away with assistance from Mitsuki but he once again regenerates quickly.
Kawaki looks back at Sarada and she looks at him, understanding what he's saying without him using words. Boruto asks Kawaki if he has a plan. He assures him that he does. Boruto and Mitsuki charge on ahead to fight and stall Boro while Kawaki stays behind and tells Sarada he's counting on her before joining up with them.
Sarada successfully removes and destroys Boro's core preventing him from regenerating, Kawaki is impressed by Sarada's jutsu, Chidori. Without the core, Boro's body begins to puff up and distort from the scientific ninja tools embedded in his body going haywire after the removal of the core. Boruto wants to finish him off but Kawaki says to leave him be and focus on rescuing Naruto, assuming Boro would no longer be a threat to them.
Kawaki and Boruto successfully release Naruto who is unconscious and they celebrate briefly but it's cut short by Boro crushing Mitsuki with one of his limbs. Kawaki blasts Boro's arm away which doesn't regenerate but then swats Kawaki away with his other arm knocking him unconscious. Sarada then tries to weave hand signs to use Katon but Boro grabs her and attempts to crush her but she is saved by Boruto.
After Boro is defeated by Momoshiki taking over Boruto's body, Team 7 returns to Konoha. Kawaki, Sarada, and Naruto are all bedridden at the hospital but Naruto wakes up to Boruto, Hinata, and Himawari by his side. Boruto is ecstatic at his father waking up while Naruto is confused and surprised to be alive back and back home in Konoha. Boruto immediately runs to tell Kawaki that Naruto is awake, who is currently talking to Katasuke and Sumire about his condition.
Katasuke tells Kawaki that he could be suffering an adverse reaction from having forced the continued attachment of the chakra incompatible prosthetic hand and that it may be that the nanomachines in his blood are attempting to reject it. He tells him at this rate his body's physical functions will keep declining bit by bit and his chronic muscular pain will likely persist. Sumire tries to give Kawaki something to help alleviate the pain but Kawaki declines.
Katasuke says normally it would just be a matter of performing the appropriate treatment but the workings of Kawaki's body are far beyond their understanding, making them unable to help him any further. Kawaki tells him that it's alright since his body's been made to not die so easily anyway for better or worse. As he says this, Boruto bursts through the door giving the news that Naruto is awake.
Meanwhile, Sarada explains to Sasuke what happened with Boruto during their fight with Boro. Based on Sarada's description, Sasuke determines that it's connected to Otsutsuki, which is later confirmed when Mitsuki confides in Sasuke alone about the situation. While Sasuke and Mitsuki are discussing the connection between Kāma and Otsutsuki, Naruto and Shikamaru go to Kawaki's room to see how he's doing. Kawaki asks if Naruto should be
moving around so soon but he tells him that he feels fine now, putting Kawaki at ease who was really worried about him. Naruto thanks Kawaki for going to great lengths to save him but Kawaki tells him that he didn't do a thing and that he should instead give his thanks to Sarada and Mitsuki, who were the real key players in taking down Boro.
In the anime, Kawaki and Sarada, accompanied by the rest of Team 7, go to Naruto's room instead to see how he's doing. After a while Sakura shows up and tells everyone to leave so that Naruto can rest. Kawaki pulls Boruto aside to tell him about what happened to him during the Boro fight since he's unable to remember. Shikadai and Inojin surprise them mid conversation by bringing Taiyaki and telling Kawaki to pick whichever flavor he wants. Kawaki recalls back to when he first met Sarada and she recommended him to try the custard flavor. Remembering this, Kawaki chooses to try the custard flavor which he finds really delicious and scarfs it down just like the chocolate one. Later on once everyone leaves and Kawaki is alone in his hospital room, Kawaki closes his eyes and thinks of all the bonds he's made thus far, one of them being Sarada. This happens after Kawaki overhears Shikamaru telling Naruto that Kawaki can't be trusted and that keeping him here puts everyone in danger. Kawaki gets out of bed and goes over to open the window, looking out at the sunset he says "At this rate..." as he's contemplating leaving.
At home, Kawaki has a nightmare where Jigen attacks the village and everyone he cares about is dead, one of which being Sarada. The images of the village in ruins, innocent people dead, and the people he holds dear lying lifeless before his eyes as Jigen hovers above them shocks Kawaki awake. This dream and the fear of it soon becoming a reality prompts Kawaki to begin writing a goodbye letter and leaving the village in order to protect everyone, believing this was the only way to keep everyone safe, for he blames himself for their lives being in danger in the first place.
After Isshiki invaded the village and was successfully defeated by the combined effort of Naruto, Sasuke, Boruto, and Kawaki, they all return home to Konoha where they are greeted by Sarada, Mitsuki and Sumire who rushed to meet them as soon as they learned of their return.
Chūnin Re-Examination Arc
As Boruto is getting ready to leave and train before the final exams the next day, Kawaki comes downstairs and asks him why hes up and leaving so early. Boruto explains that hes going to train with Mitsuki before the exams tomorrow and Kawaki asks if Sarada will be going to train too. Boruto says no and that Sarada is going to ask Sasuke for advice on what to do instead, a bit envious at her getting to train with Sasuke and not him since hes his student. When Boruto asks if Kawaki wants to come along to train with them, he declines and goes back upstairs. The next day Naruto finally convinces Kawaki to come watch so that he can see how shinobi fight.
Kawaki comes to the stadium and watches each match by himself not that far away from where Sarada and the others are sitting. With each match Kawaki becomes more and more bored even though he was initially intrigued. Kawaki becomes so bored that he starts yawning, which earned him a disaproving glare from Shinki. When it is finally time for Sarada's match, Kawaki waits patiently for it to start but is disturbed by Shinki glaring at him from below. He tries to ignore Shinki and avoid his gaze but his persistent staring makes him so uncomfortable that he gets fed up and leaves the stadium to confront him with Shinki follow shortly after. Once outside Kawaki asks him why he's been staring at him and Shinki tells him not to underestimate the exams and that he thinks he should watch the next match. Kawaki, not liking being told what to do, attempts to leave anyway but Shinki stops him and the two get into a breif scuffle with Shinki emerging as the victor, insisting once again that he thinks he should watch the next match before leaving Kawaki to ponder what he said. When Shinki arrives back at the stadium, Kawaki returns shortly after him to watch the match, becoming more and more intrigued and invested in every blow, at one point even looking worried after the final blow which resulted in a big explosion.
Once the smoke clears and Sarada is declared the winner, Kawaki is left speechless before being approached by Shinki who asks him what he thinks and if it was worth watching like he said. Kawaki sulks in defeat but doesnt respond and instead lets out an annoyed grumble, not wanting to admit Shinki was right that he did infact find it worth watching.
Once the chunin exams are over and all the winners have been announced, Kawaki goes home and is asked by Naruto what he thought and Kawaki stubbornly denies enjoying it and claimed that he was annoyed by everyones desperation to win. However, actually inspired by the exams, he tells Naruto that it might now be so bad to become a genin, confirming he will now pursue becoming an official ninja.
Try as he might Kawaki is unable to get along with anyone and fails every test. Naruto gives him one last chance by sending him on a mission with Team 10 but Kawaki, having been discouraged by all his failures, declines saying that he is unsuited to be a shinobi. Naruto tries to convince him not to give up but to no avail. Kawaki goes home and gets into an argument with Boruto who scolds him for not putting in enough effort into becoming a shinobi and getting along with people. Fed up with all the constant pressure from him, Naruto, and everyone else, he runs off.
Later that night while on a walk he stumbles across Sarada training by herself and approaches her. Kawaki questions why she's still training after she's already become chunin and Sarada explains that she still has a long way to go to achieve her dream and that she wants to get stronger so she can protect everyone in the village like Naruto does. Kawaki tells her that he doesnt want to go on missions if he has to team up with people he doesnt like.
Sarada explains to him that theres a limit to what he can do on his own and that if he wants to get stronger then he has no choice but to learn how to work with his friends and do missions together. Sarada tells him that this is "our village" and that their all able to work hard if its for the Leaf and asks if Kawaki feels the same way, but Kawaki gives a bitter smile and walks away saying that he has no place he can call his village. He leaves off by saying he'll train too.
The next morning when its time to join Team 10 for the mission, Shikadai assumes Kawaki wouldnt show and gets ready to leave without him, but to his surprise Kawaki appeared just in time before they left, ready to join them.
After Kawaki passes out on his way back from what he believed to be a failed mission, Boruto and co bring him along with an injured Chocho back to the hospital. While Sarada is visiting Chocho, she asks her how Kawaki is doing and Sarada, having already checked on him, tells Chocho that he'll recover in about 2 days rest.
Later Naruto meets with Kawaki to let him know that he passed the test and is officially a genin now who'll be going on missions regularly from now on. Sometime later, Naruto makes Kawaki officially a part of team 7.
After Kawaki, Boruto, Sasuke, and Naruto come back from their intense battle with Isshiki, Team 7 is temporarily disbanded and no longer able to go on missions due to Boruto still having Karma and the danger it poses. Because Kawaki is still relatively new to ninjutsu and they need to get stronger for the impending threat of the Kara member Code, Team 7 gather and begin working on the basics of chakra control, which frustrates Kawaki who feels training in the basics is too slow and that they should do some actual combat training instead. Sarada tells him to be quiet and to focus on training, but Kawaki and Boruto continue to bicker over the training method which frustrates Sarada even more who yells at them for disrupting the training. Kawaki tells her to shut up and continues to insist that this method of training is pointless, which Sarada insists that it isn't. Kawaki agrees that training in the basics is good, but given that Code could appear at any moment they don't have time for such a slow method of training and need to get stronger through actual combat. Kawaki attacks Mitsuki who says he is fine either way, but Sarada yells at him for making decisions on his own and reminds him that she is captain of their team.
Kawaki explains that the training he received from Jigen was grueling combat drills and that although he hated him and wished he were dead, his methods were effective and he improved rapidly. Sarada yells at him that that's pretty extreme logic, but Kawaki then turns to her and tells her to come at him and attacks her too. Sarada dodges his attack, pissed off at his attitude, she gives in and fights back. She uses her fireball jutsu against him but he blocks it, Kawaki appears running out of the smoke and Sarada throws a shuriken at him, which hits him in the arm, appearing to have seriously hurt him as he fell to the ground. Sarada looks on in shock thinking that she had actually hurt him which caused her to drop her guard, only for it to be revealed to have been a shadow clone. Kawaki appears behind Sarada and prepares to strike her but is blocked by Boruto who scolds him for going too far, but Kawaki tells him to chill out and that it's just sparring and that nobody's gonna die. Boruto still argues with him that he's too serious and suggests that the two of them fight to settle how they go about the training, whoever wins Team 7 will follow their method of training without complaint, which Kawaki agrees to. After fighting and losing to Boruto by subconsciously trying to use Karma, Kawaki accepts defeat and agrees to continue doing things their way from now on. Sarada comments that she can't believe he actually admitted he lost.
- Sarada tells Kawaki that whenever he's feeling troubled, he can rely on her and come to her anytime.
- Naruto calls Kawaki and Sarada friends now, but Kawaki neither confirms nor denies this.
- Sarada is briefly shown teaching Kawaki Shurikenjutsu, which shows he started warming up to her
- Even though Sarada's unaware of his background, she still took notice of his trauma and tried to cheer him up afterward.
- Despite her prior misconceptions and hostility towards him, Sarada forgives him in the end.
- Sarada asks Kawaki if she can have a bite of his Taiyaki since she's never tried the chocolate flavor before.
- Kawaki learning shurikenjutsu from Sarada might mean Kawaki took Sarada's offer and came to her for help like she said he could.
- Kawaki hasn't shown any hostility towards Sarada since their first one on one interactions and has even accepted her help several times now
- Sarada is envious of the special treatment Kawaki is receiving from Naruto, however, she doesn't seem to harbor any bitterness towards him and says she sympathizes with the circumstances, showing some understanding of Kawaki's situation.
- Sarada seems to have taken interest in Kawaki as she has been shown to observe Kawaki from afar twice now, similar to how she would often observe Boruto.
- When Sarada overhears Naruto and Kawaki being attacked, she doesn't hesitate before rushing to his aid, despite knowing Naruto is with him and more than capable of protecting Kawaki.
- When Kawaki explains what happened with Naruto, Sarada is surprised because she thought the enemy was after Kawaki, showing she was more worried about Kawaki being captured when she rushed after him.
- When Kawaki is frustrated by Naruto's kindness towards him and being responsible for his defeat, Sarada comforts him.
- Kawaki listens to Sarada when she confides in him and explains to him how Naruto views the whole village as his family, whereas before Kawaki would lash out at Sarada and tell her to butt out, showing the two's relationship has made a significant positive improvement.
- When Shikamaru accuses Kawaki of being a spy, Sarada shows no suspicion towards him and is surprised by the accusation, showing that she trusts him.
- Sarada understands Kawaki's feelings through their mutual admiration of Naruto and their view of him as a father figure.
- Kawaki, unlike Boruto, agrees with Mitsuki that Sarada is best suited to be leader and believes that her leadership will up their chances of winning. Showing that he trusts her to make the right decisions and is willing to follow her orders.
- Kawaki relies on Sarada to find Boro's core using her Sharingan, which is the first time he's ever actively relied on her.
- Kawaki doesn't take credit for rescuing Naruto and instead tells him he should thank Sarada and Mitsuki.
- Sarada is angry at Boruto for hurting Kawaki, who was still injured and recovering from his battle with Garou.
- When Katasuke knocks Kawaki out with gas, Sarada is visibly concerned about what it was.
- The entire time Kawaki is confined in the room while they are waiting for Naruto, Sarada never takes her eyes off the monitor watching Kawaki.
- Despite everyone else being highly suspicious of Kawaki, Sarada is the only one who defends him and discourages excessive force on him.
- Even after she witnessed Kawaki strangling Sumire, later when Kawaki was surrounded by police, she begged them not to shoot him.
- In Boruto episode 195, Chocho tells Sarada that Kawaki is more handsome than she imagined, Sarada doesn't agree or disagree with her statement.
- When visiting Boruto, Mitsuki reveals that Sarada had suggested going there to spy on Kawaki, resulting in a flustered reaction from Sarada.
- Sarada asks Boruto how Kawaki is doing, seemingly still suspicious of him, but when asked if she was worried, she denies it but then remembers Kawaki's reaction towards the kids who bumped into him and his freak out at the flower shop, staring at him conflicted, implying that she is in fact worried about him but is also genuinely concerned.
- After noticing Sarada staring at him, Kawaki bluntly states that he has no interest in becoming friends with any of them, even though the subject is never brought up by them. This implies he's referring back to what Naruto said to him about Sarada being his friend now, and had assumed she was attempting to offer her friendship to him again.
- Despite being offended by Kawaki's remark, Sarada doesn't lash out at him as harshly as before and tries to explain herself but is cut off by Naruto before she can.
- Even though Kawaki has rejected Naruto's claim about the two of them being friends twice now, when Naruto tells Kawaki about chakra being a connective power and that with friends his world would change, Kawaki doesn't reject it, implying he is warming up to the idea of friendship.
- When Sarada thought she had hurt Kawaki with her Shuriken, she froze and was stunned thinking she'd actually hurt him unintentionally.
- When Kawaki was about to strike her from behind, Boruto intervenes saying he was going too far, however Kawaki says that he was only sparring with Sarada and that nobody was gonna die, confirming he had no intention of actually hurting or killing her.
- When Boruto tells Kawaki he isn't alone anymore, Kawaki looks at him, Sarada, and Mitsuki in shock, saying to himself 'It's true, it's almost unbelievable' referring back to what Naruto had said to him about friends being able to change his whole world, showing that Kawaki acknowledges Sarada as one of his friends now who've changed his world.
- In the anime Sarada buys a separate bouquet of flowers for Kawaki.
- Sarada was highly offended when Kawaki first called her nosy, however, she no longer seems to be bothered by it now.
- In the anime during the fight with Boro, because of the anime making many changes to the manga, Kawaki didn't see Sarada using her Sharingan or even knew what it was, yet he still held Sarada back to ask her for help and put his faith in her. Because of this change it means Kawaki agreed to let Sarada lead them over Boruto with minimal knowledge of Sarada's abilities, yet was still willing to risk his life and put blind faith in her being able to save them. Considering Kawaki has a hard time trusting people let alone allowing himself to be told what to do, him having so much faith in Sarada despite the minimal information he had is a huge development in their relationship.
- Kawaki had a similar moment looking back at Sarada as Sasuke when he looked back at Sakura and she understood what he was saying without words.
- Kawaki tells Sarada he is counting on her, relying on her like she said he could.
- As Kawaki is explaining to Sarada how to stop Boro from regenerating, Kawaki holds her hand through the entire explanation even though he didn't have to.
- When Shikadai and Inojin bring Kawaki Taiyaki and asks him to choose which flavor he wants, he chooses the custard flavor because he remembers Sarada recommending the custard flavor one before when they first met, which he initially rejected when she had suggested it.
- When Kawaki thinks of all the bonds he's made thus far it seems to be of those who had a significant impact on him, excluding Boruto and Naruto. He thinks in order Hinata and Himawari, Ino, Sarada and Chocho, and finally Shikadai and Inojin. Excluding the adults this makes Sarada the most impactful bond from his peers besides Boruto.
- After Kawaki overhears Shikamaru say how him staying there puts everyone in danger, Kawaki returns back to his room and proceeds to think of all the bonds hes made thus far, one of which being Sarada.
- After this Kawaki gets out of bed, goes over to the window and says "At this rate..." as he contemplates leaving the village, the next episode Kawaki has a nightmare where Sarada, among others, were killed by Jigen. Showing Sarada is someone important to him that he doesn't want to lose and is scared to see die because of him.
- Boruto tells Kawaki that he, Sarada, and Mitsuki, thinks of him as a precious friend.
- Sarada is the only one of his bonds outside of the Uzumaki family that Kawaki has consistently thought about. She is also the only girl of his peers he's thought about fondly more than any other girl he's interacted with.
- Although in a forceful and violent way, Kawaki challenged Sarada to an intense sparring match in an attempt to save her, as he explained mid fight that he resented the brutal training Jigen had put him through but eventually started craving it as it made him stronger and hoped that one day he'd be strong enough to beat him. So by putting Sarada through similar training, he is attempting to make her, and himself, stronger in the hopes that it will spare her, and the rest of Team 7s lives against Code, a threat whose supposedly even stronger than Jigen.
- Despite Kawaki pushing Team 7 multiple times for a fight, Sarada rejected the idea and tried to avoid fighting him until given no other choice.
- Despite being pushed into a fight by Kawaki and saying she would make him regret it, Sarada held back tremendously, not even activating her Sharingan and even letting her guard down to where she was fooled by a shadow clone. Showing she did not truly wish to harm or fight him.
- When Boruto explains that hes going to train with Mitsuki in preparation for tomorrow, Kawaki figures hes referring to the Chunin exams and asks if Sarada would be training too.
- During the Chunin exams Kawaki was visibly bored by the first two fights, Sarada's fight was the only one he showed any emotion and investment in.
- Shinki made a point of specifically saying Kawaki should watch THIS fight, the fight between Sarada and Chocho, and insisted he should multiple times, which he did not do for the fight before. Despite being left with the option to leave if he truly wanted, Kawaki returns back to the stadium.
- After Sarada and Chocho's final attack caused a huge explosion and it was unknown if they were ok, Kawaki looked worried.
- When Shinki asks him after the fight if it was worth watching like he said it would be, Kawaki sulks and is reluctant to answer, implying he did infact find Sarada's fight worth wtching but didnt want to admit it.
- Since Sarada's fight was the only one he was shown having any interest in, its implied Sarada's fight was the one that inspired him to become a genin.
- When Kawaki decides to give up on becoming a shinobi after experiencing numerous failures, not even Naruto could convince him to give it one last shot, only after talking with Sarada did he decide to give it one last try.
- Sarada told Kawaki that he could come to her anytime hes troubled in episode 195, in episode 228 Kawaki confides in Sarada about his struggles in becoming a shinobi.
- When Chocho asks Sarada how Kawaki was doing, Sarada had already asked about him and knew exactly how long he needed to rest in order to recover and that Boruto was on his way to check on him, implying she was the first to ask about and check up on him.
- Chocho comments that hopefully the rest will cure his bad attitude as well since that would make him even more handsome, but once again Sarada neither agrees nor disagrees with her statement.
- In the article for Naruto To Boruto The Live 2019 Sarada and Kawaki are seen together advertising the event.
- Naruto considers Sarada as Kawaki's first friend
- Kawaki and Sarada both didn't have proper father figures throughout most of their life, Saradas' being absent on a top-secret mission and Kawaki's biological and adoptive fathers being abusive towards him.
- Kawaki and Sarada both share a similar admiration of Naruto, viewing him as a father figure and aspiring to be like him in different ways. Sarada wanting to become a Hokage like him and Kawaki wanting to become a person like Naruto and training to learn ninjutsu.
- Kawaki always refers to people he dislikes as assholes, only addressing people he likes or respects by name. In chapter 38, Kawaki calls Sarada by name for the first time, showing he respects her now.
- Sarada comforting Kawaki after Naruto's loss parallels the time Naruto once comforted her over her father's absence. Even similarly sitting next to each other with Kawaki sitting in Saradas place and Sarada sitting in Naruto's.
- When next to each other, the clan symbols on their backs look very similar, although it is unknown what the symbol on Kawaki's back truly symbolizes.
- Naruto is the link that brings Sarada and Kawaki together, as the two begin to bond through Naruto's positive influence on them
- Ever since Sarada told Kawaki he could rely on her, Sarada has kept her word and has helped Kawaki on several occasions. Teaching him shurikenjutsu, looking into potential clues about Kāma, comforting him after Naruto's disappearance, going with him to aid him in rescuing Naruto, saving him when he was almost killed by Boro, and finding Boro's core.
- Kawaki never takes orders from anyone and hates being told what to do. However, Kawaki actually doesn't argue against Mitsuki about naming Sarada their commander and is willing to take orders from her. Only disobeying when Naruto was threatened.
- Kawaki downplays Boruto's abilities twice in favor of Sarada, believing her to be a far more valuable and key asset compared to Boruto who he himself says isn't suitable to lead them, and then purposely excludes him when telling Naruto Sarada and Mitsuki are the ones he should thank for his rescue, not him or Boruto.
- Kawaki and Sarada both have an affinity for fire style jutsu. Since Kawaki has only been shown training with Naruto, Boruto, and Sarada, it's believed Sarada is the one who taught him fire style jutsu, since she is the only one he's trained with who uses fire release.
- Sarada and Kawaki now not only share a mutual admiration of Naruto, but also a mutual rivalry with Boruto.
- Kawaki in the anime commonly calls Sarada 'nosy' similar to how Sasuke often used to call Sakura 'annoying' in the past.
- In the manga the first time Kawaki ever calls Sarada by name is in chapter 38 when she goes to Naruto's house to help them, however the first time Kawaki calls Sarada by name in the anime is in episode 207 during the Boro fight.
- Sarada and Kawaki wear complimentary colors, Sarada wears red while Kawaki wears green.
- Sarada and Kawaki have several things in common,
- they both admire Naruto and want to be like him
- they both enjoy Taiyaki and wanted to try eachothers favorite flavors
- they both share goldfish symbolism with Kawaki wanting to own a pet goldfish while Sarada wore a goldfish patterned Kimono
- They have both been depicted with red flowers, Sarada with red carnations and Kawaki with a red camelia
- They both feel a strong rivalry with Boruto
- They both use fire style
- They were both saved by Naruto when they were at their lowest point
- They both have an opening and ending showcasing Naruto saving them from darkness, Sarada in ending 2 and Kawaki in opening 8.
- They both have father issues, although Sarada's were resolved in Gaiden, both of them envied Boruto for having what they didnt.
- Their both associated with the color red. Although Kawaki is primarily associated with blue and green.
- Kawaki and Sarada have both been depicted wearing red Camellias in official arts, in the Naruto/Boruto x Tokyo Hyakki Yakou New Popup Shop Kawaki was depicted as an Oni wearing a big red Camellia on his shirt. On the 2022 New Years card of the Uchiha family, Sarada is shown wearing a big red Camellia Kanzashi.
- On the same card Sarada is wearing a Yukata with a Yagasuri pattern in the complimentary colors red and green, which happens to be the colors associated with Kawaki and Sarada. The Yagasuri pattern symbolizes goodluck for weddings and other ceremonies. The meaning comes from the old Japanese saying that once an arrow is shot, it does not return.
- Kawaki and Sarada share the same red x blue color scheme as Sarada's parents, Sasuke and Sakura.
- In chapter 28 Sarada tells Kawaki that he can rely on her and to come to her anytime he's troubled, in episode 228 Kawaki approaches Sarada and confides in her about his troubles in becoming a shinobi, both the episode and chapter contain the number 28.
- The same ost that played when Sarada comforted Kawaki after Narutos disappearance was used again when Sarada comforted Kawaki after he was struggling with becoming a shinobi.
- In opening 10 there are alot of transition shots between Kawaki and Sarada.
- KawaSara is the most written about hetero Kawaki ship on both AO3 and Fanfiction.net.
- KawaSara is currently the most popular hetero Kawaki ship.
- Sarada is the girl most shipped with Kawaki.
Sarada to Kawaki in chapter 28
- "I'm aiming to become the 'Hokage'...just like the Nanadaime. So if there's anything that troubles you...you can rely on me, so let me know whenever !"
Naruto to Kawaki about Sarada - chapter 28
- "So you're friends already huh? that's good"
Sarada thinking about Kawaki and Naruto - chapter 36
- "Lord seventh! Kawaki! I don't know if there's anything I can do, but...I can't just sit back and do nothing!"
Sarada empathizing with Kawaki - chapter 39
- "Yeah. as if you're actual family right?. There've been times I wondered for real, how much better my life might be...if Lord Seventh were my dad."
Sarada telling Kawaki about her jealousy towards Boruto - chapter 39
- "I was so jealous of Boruto, and annoyed...at his constant griping...his ignorance of being so blessed."
Sarada explaining to Kawaki how Naruto is - chapter 39
- "But you see...to Lord seventh...everyone in the village is family. That's who he is. And you just feel safe in his presence...utterly safe.
Sarada to Team 7 and Kawaki - chapter 40
- "We three of cell number seven...plus Kawaki makes four. With the teamwork of our revamped cell number seven...let the counter-attack begins!!"
Kawaki to Boruto about Sarada being commander - chapter 41
- "Well, you sure aren't suitable to be it, Boruto. At the very least."
Kawaki agrees with Mitsuki that Sarada should be commander - chapter 41
- "I'm in favor. Especially if it ups our chances of winning."
Kawaki relies on Sarada to find the core inside Boro - chapter 42
- "He's got to have one somewhere. Just look real closely and find it...using that Sharingan of yours!"
Kawaki tells Naruto he should thank Sarada and Mitsuki instead of him - Chapter 44
- "I didn't do a thing. You should give your thanks to Sarada and Mitsuki"
Sarada to Kawaki - episode 189
- "Please, just calm down and hear us out!"
Sarada scolding Boruto for hurting an injured Kawaki - Episode 190
- "Boruto, you went too far. He's still injured."
Sarada begging the police force not to shoot Kawaki - Episode 191
- "Please don't! stop!"
Naruto to Kawaki about sharing with Sarada - Episode 195
- "That Taiyaki from earlier...if you had given her a bite, then Sarada would have let you try the custard one, and then, you would have been able to enjoy two different flavors. Friends share good things with each other "
Mitsuki to Sarada about her wanting to spy on Kawaki - Episode 196
- "You're the one that suggested it and invited me, Sarada "
Sarada asking Boruto about Kawaki - Episode 196
- "How's he doing?"
Boruto asks Sarada if she's worried about Kawaki Episode 196
- "Anyway, as you can see, he's got an attitude. Are you worried?"
- Sarada: "It's not like that, but..."
Kawaki to Sarada about staring at him - Episode 196
- "What are you looking at, nosy?. Lemme just say this...I'm not interested in being friends with you guys."
Sarada trying to explain herself to Kawaki - Episode 196
- "You're so rude. I just-!"
Kawaki tells Boruto he wasn't trying to kill Sarada - Chapter 58
- "Chill out. It's just sparring, no one's gonna die"
Sarada after buying flowers for Kawaki - Episode 203
- "Well, he'll probably think I'm just being nosy..."
Ino about Kawaki and Sarada - episode 203
- "Could those flowers be for Kawaki? it seems their all getting along better than I thought"
Kawaki after telling Sarada how to defeat Boro - Episode 207
- "I'm counting on you, Sarada!"
Kawaki asking Boruto about Sarada before he leaves out - Episode 222
- "The Chunin exam, was it? Is Sarada going to train too?"
Shinki asking Kawaki if Sarada's match was worth watching like he said it would be - episode 225
- "What did you think? it was worth watching, wasnt it?"
Sarada to Kawaki about why she keeps training - episode 228
- "I want to go on tons of missions, fight powerful shinobi in actual combat, and gain experience, so I can become even stronger"
- Kawaki: "Missions, huh?...I dont want to do them if I have to team up with people I dont like."
Sarada asks Kawaki if he wants to become stronger - episode 228
- "Dont you want to become stronger?"
- Kawaki: "Of course I do!"
Sarada explains to Kawaki why he has to work with others if he wants to become stronger - episode 228
- "Theres a limit to what you can do on a mission by yourself. Normally a mission is done with other shinobi. If you want to become stronger, you have no choice but to work with your friends and take on missions."
- Kawaki: Friends again?
Sarada tella Kawaki this is our village - episode 228
- "This is our village, after all. We're able to work hard if its for the Leaf. Dont you feel the same way?"
Kawaki tells Sarada that he has no place he can call his village - episode 228
- "I have no place...I can call 'my village' "
- Sarada: Kawaki...
Among the Fans
KawaSara has steadily grown in popularity as the manga has continued to develop their relationship and even more so now with them finally interacting in the anime. It has a decent amount of followers mainly on Tumblr and Twitter and is shipped mainly for their dynamic, how they look together, the potential their relationship has for the future, and their newfound trust and understanding of one another, mainly pertaining to their affection for Naruto and their father issues they have common ground on. It's also how despite the way Kawaki treated her at first, she still showed him compassion after witnessing him freak out when remembering his trauma. The pairing is often well supported amongst SasuSaku shippers who see some resemblance in KawaSara's dynamic and aesthetic with SasuSaku in their early days. Their main rival pairings are BoruSara, MitsuSara, KawaSumi, and KawaHima. It's also the rival pairing of SaraSumi, ShikaSara, InoSara, MetaSara, IwaSara, and DenSara. Their companion ships are often BoruMitsu and BoruSumi.